[PLUG] Linus in Beaverton?

Phil Tomson ptkwt at aracnet.com
Wed Jun 25 12:17:01 UTC 2003

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Kyle Accardi wrote:

> Not much on details, but Willamette Week claims that Linus will be moving
> here.  Time to start brewing some beer...
>
> "Beaverton nabbed dual honors last week with the news that our western 'burb
> will play host to the filming of Thumbsucker, featuring Keanu Reeves as a
> good-hearted orthodontist, and provide a more permanent home for Linux
> inventor Linus Torvalds, who has taken a job with the Beav's Open Source
> Development Lab.
>
> http://wweek.com/flatfiles/News4064.lasso

WW's giddiness over the sudden 'fame' of Beaverton has caused them
to jump to conclusions here (Linus is
working for OSDL, OSDL is in Beaverton, therefore Linus is moving to
Beaverton).  Pretty sure I read in the Oregonian article (and a coule
of others) that he is going to stay where he is (Sunnyvale?) and work
from home.  Technically he's still employed by Transmeta, he's just on a
leave of absence.

Phil