[PLUG] FW: port 80 problem

Bill Barry barryb at proaxis.com
Fri Jun 27 09:45:03 UTC 2003

On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 02:19:31PM +0800, Billy Dimaculangan wrote:
> I have here a Linux server that is acting as proxy server with 2(two NICs),
> one is facing the Internet and the other is facing our LAN.  The problem I
> have is the webpage hosted in that server is only available in our local
> area network.  When I tried a port scan using the local address port 80
> seems to ok, but when I port scanned the IP Address facing the Internet port
> 80 is not available. That is why the webpage hosted in that server is only
> available for the local area network and inaccessible in the outside world.
> I would like to know is how could I make this port 80 available to the
> outside world?

What does netstat tell you about port 80? I.e. what does
netstat -an | grep ":80"
return?

It is possible that your web server is configured to only listen to
port 80 on the local network.  If you are running apache this is
configured with the listen directive in httpd.conf
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#listen
yours may be something like
Listen 192.168.0.1:80
where you probably want it to be just