[PLUG] 802.11b Antenna cheap or wireless card router preferen ces

Daggett, Steve Steve.Daggett at fiserv.com
Mon Jun 30 11:20:02 UTC 2003

  I use a Linksys WAP11 at home.  I used to use a Linksys WPC11 PCMCIA card
in my laptop.  I had a lot of trouble keeping a good signal level, and had
occasional driver hangs under RH 8.0.  (The same WPC11 card works fine in my
NT 2000 laptop.)

  I switched to an Orinoco Silver PCMCIA.  The chipset is well supported and
the card has an external antenna jack.  The Orinoco has worked fine running
earlier RH 9.0.  I've recently started seeing some driver problems on the
latest RH kernel.  Signal levels have been good.  I haven't needed to use an
external antenna.

Steve D...