[PLUG] mp3 players -- separate from the system

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Mon Jun 30 23:53:01 UTC 2003

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Wil Cooley wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-06-30 at 15:07, Rich Shepard wrote:
> >   Can anyone recommend an mp3 player to which music can be transferred from
> > the workstation? The digital music equivalent of the Walkman, I presume.
>
> A Discman or other portable CD player.  Most will play MP3s from an
> ISO9660 CD these days, at a fraction of the cost of memory-based
> players.  None of them do Ogg yet, so I'm still SOL.

Not to mention the fragility and wastefullness of those (kinda) big
plastic disks.  (Not that I think Rich thinks twice about disposable
anything.)

And many of them have odd limitations like 256 tracks per directory and so
on.

Does anyone make a keychain-sized thing that is ID3-aware and has an LCD?

Ideally, I'd like something that understood m3u playlists.  That'd be the
bizormb.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin