[PLUG] Bad nic's

Dirk Ouellette hapibeli at attbi.com
Sat Mar 1 08:30:02 UTC 2003

Ive set up IPCop v.1.2 on a new box for my daughter. Everything seems to
be fine
as I've set it to the same ip's as my own for testing thru my attbi
connection, but I can't ping their box [ the one that goes into their
home eventually] and the new IPCop box. I can see that the red
{outgoing} nic is receiving info from the attbi modem and I can ping the
IPCop box from within itself, but I can't ping either attbi.com ,
yahoo.com on the outside network, nor my daughter's box on the interior
network. Could  both exterior and interior nic's on the IPCop box be
bad? When I hook my daughter's box to my home network it's nic works
fine.
Dirk