[PLUG] Sendmail Vulnerability

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Mon Mar 3 15:20:03 UTC 2003

At 02:13 PM 3/3/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>>On 3 Mar 2003, Ed Sawicki wrote:
>
>>>I'd be pleased to hear what you think are the most confusing email
>>>concepts or issues, so I can be sure I'm doing justice to the subject in
>>>the book.
>
>One more:  Do I really need to be running sendmail on my laptop just to
>receive local mail (tripwire/crontab reports)?

Do you need it running? Only if Tripwire or crond are sending the mail via
SMTP. If it's local delivery, then they probably will start there own
sendmail instance to do it. I know Tripwire will do it that way, and I
assume crond will do so as well.

Russ Johnson
Dimension 7/Stargate Online
http://www.dimstar.net