[PLUG] Sendmail Vulnerability

Brian Beattie beattie at beattie-home.net
Mon Mar 3 16:32:02 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-03-03 at 11:46, Ed Sawicki wrote:
> An increasing number of my customers are no longer
> using sendmail. It seems that Postfix has become the
> new standard for email on *nix. It's included with
> many Linux distributions though not necessarily
> installed by default as it is on, say, UnitedLinux.
>
> I'm co-authoring a book on Email right now that makes
> the assumption that Postfix is the standard, though
> it does mention that Exim and qmail are also fine
> servers. Sendmail is covered minimally - as one would
> cover a legacy product. I'm doing the server-side
> portion of the book and my co-author is doing the
> client-side. Our tech reviewer is the author of a
> well-known mail client.
>
> I'd be pleased to hear what you think are the most
> confusing email concepts or issues, so I can be sure
> I'm doing justice to the subject in the book.
>
> Ed

What I have as yet been unable to do, is to set up my postfix server
running on debian to use SSL/TLS etc so I can send mail through my
server in an authenticated manner.  That is the part I'm having trouble
with.
--
Brian Beattie            | Available immediately, Experienced kernel
beattie at beattie-home.net | hacker/embedded systems programmer, direct

"Honor isn't about making the right choices.
It's about dealing with the consequences." -- Midori Koto