[PLUG] Freshening RH packages with different architectures

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Mar 3 16:55:02 UTC 2003

  The version of postgresql installed here is 7.2.1, as placed on the system
by the RH 7.3 installation last September. I just rebuilt the .src.rpm for
postgresql-7.3.2 with the target as i686.

  The new versions cannot be used to freshen the installed packages because,
I assume, the earlier version was built with a i386 target. Can I resolve
this conundrum quickly and simply, or do I fall back to the i386 target when
rebuiling the source rpm?

TIA,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President