[PLUG] Sendmail Vulnerability

Paul pflnetws at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 4 10:02:02 UTC 2003

> OK, call me old fashioned. I use sendmail. It does what I need doing
> and, this week's notice aside, hasn't had many security problems of
> late.

Paul! Glad to hear it. For the most part, I've learned how to tweak
Sendmail and it's been doing a good job for me for years. However, with
the install of RH8 on my mail server, I can't send mail internally
anymore. I've added localhost and localhost.lankow.net to my
local-host-names file. When run-parts tries to send root email, it can't
get delivered. Maybe this is the time to try postfix unless you know a
simple fix.

Mar  2 13:31:27 prj sm-msp-queue[14237]: h21C2Tlu007385: to=root,
ctladdr=root (0/0), delay=1+09:28:58, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=relay,
pri=3090047, relay=localhost.lankow.net., dsn=4.0.0, stat=Deferred:
Connection timed out with localhost.lankow.net.

I can get mail in and send it out no problem - this happen just with
internal mail.

Regards,
Paul Lankow

email: paul at lankow.net