[PLUG] busted AGP slot? ... evidently not!

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Tue Mar 4 21:12:02 UTC 2003

>>>>> "Russell" == Russell Senior <seniorr at aracnet.com> writes:

Russell> He plugs it in and gets no video.  Hmm.  I come over last
Russell> night and have a look.  I notice that the little retention
Russell> pin on the AGP slot is busted off (didn't find the piece, but
Russell> the remaining plastic tab is fractured).  We take the card
Russell> out and the onboard video works fine, plug the card back in
Russell> and get no video: zero, none.  Two possibilities: a) a DOA
Russell> card; or b) a busted motherboard.

Update: I got the replacement motherboard yesterday and went and
swapped it out this evening.  Disappointingly and very strangely,
there is no change.  I get no video out of the card, no blinking
cursor, no POST messages, nothing.  The little sync light on the
monitor goes green for a few seconds and then yellow.  Monitor, cable,
etc, worked fine on the motherboard's builtin video.  Same model card
worked fine in the same motherboard for a couple weeks before the ATI
card flaked out.  I am stumped.

Any wild-assed guesses?

--
Russell Senior         ``I've seen every kind of critter God ever made,
seniorr at aracnet.com      and I ain't never seen a meaner, lower, more