[PLUG] find | grep | xargs ...

Paul Mullen pem at nellump.net
Wed Mar 5 18:44:01 UTC 2003

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 08:33:57PM -0800, Matt Whiteley wrote:
> I am trying to recursively delete all files with the name "DS_Store" in
> a certain directory path.  I had come up with the command 'find . | grep

Trying to scrape the MacOS turds off your file system? :-)

The following worked for me in the past:

	find /path/to/scour -name '\.DS_Store' -exec rm -fr '{}' ';'

Don't forget to look for the '.finder_info/' and '.resource/'
directories, too. I suppose this could all be done in one swell foop,
but my find/regex abilities aren't that great.

Paul