[PLUG] Emaill passwd and username recovery

Carla Schroder pluglist at bratgrrl.com
Fri Mar 7 09:22:02 UTC 2003

On Friday 07 March 2003 9:08 am, Russ Johnson wrote:
> That's an education issue. Explain to them that you do not keep a record of
> their password due to security and legal concerns. Also tell them that
> there is no way to "recover" a lost password, as that would make the
> security of their account questionable, at best. The only option is to
> issue a new password, if the old one is lost, and tell them that they are
> responsible for remembering their passwords.
>
> At 04:29 PM 3/7/2003 +0800, you wrote:
> >i would like to do this for username and passwd maintenance only.  users
> > are complaining to me that i always give new paswwd whenever they ask for
> > me for their forgotten passwd(which i think is not my fault).
>
> Russ Johnson
> Dimension 7/Stargate Online
> http://www.dimstar.net
>
> Top post? http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

Okay, I'll be the shmoo who asks- why do you top post, when you post a link to
'Why is Bottom-posting better than Top-posting'?

I'll settle for people following the already-established pattern- what's
seriously annoying is trying to follow a message composed in an kaleidoscopic
blend of top- and bottom-posts.

Like this message.
--
Carla Schroder