[PLUG] News Update

Cooper Stevenson cooper at cooper.stevenson.name
Fri Mar 7 10:05:02 UTC 2003

All,

HB-2892 News Update
-------------------

*  I am scheduled to appear on The Linux Show March 18! I will be
discussing HB-2892 now going to committee in Oregon's House of
Representatives.

*  I am working with the Oregon Department of Information Technologies
to obtain an estimate of the number of PC's and servers used in the
State of Oregon. I just received a call from the department indicating
that I will receive the quarterly reports by the middle of next week!
These reports will help us gauge exactly how much savings the State can
expect to realize over the next 2-5 years.

* I am organizing a "lobby day" at the State Capitol building in Salem.
I NEED YOUR HELP! It should be just a couple of hours at the beginning
of April. The more of you the better. Don't worry, I have an experienced
associate who works at the House who will help you through this. She's a
real firecracker and will have you fired up about the bill in no time!

You will get the chance to meet your Representatives face to face! Let's
let them know that we can save them money!

If you would like to volunteer please send me an email and together
we'll get this thing moved through the House!

Best,

Cooper Stevenson
MWVLUG Coordinator
Email: cooper at cooper.stevenson.name