[PLUG] natural join on text files

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Fri Mar 7 13:49:02 UTC 2003

I've got a text file which consists of lines of three space-delimited
numbers.  Each of these lines constitutes a key for "interesting"
lines of a second text file.  The first three fields in the second
file in the "interesting" lines will match one of the lines in the
first file.  This is essentially a "natural join" operation from
relational database land, but on text files.

>From a command line, what might you suggest to do this?  Bonus points
for avoiding Perl.

--
Russell Senior         ``I've seen every kind of critter God ever made,
seniorr at aracnet.com      and I ain't never seen a meaner, lower, more