[PLUG] natural join on text files

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Fri Mar 7 14:47:02 UTC 2003

>>>>> "Randal" == Randal L Schwartz <merlyn at stonehenge.com> writes:

Russell> From a command line, what might you suggest to do this?
Russell> Bonus points for avoiding Perl.

Randal> "man join"?

"join" doesn't seem to handle multiple "index" fields, so I'd have to
munge them together and then probably demunge them on output, but that
could work.  I was hoping to avoid that.

Or am I missing something?

Randal> "man paste"?

Yes, definitely useful in the grand scheme.

--
Russell Senior         ``I've seen every kind of critter God ever made,
seniorr at aracnet.com      and I ain't never seen a meaner, lower, more