[PLUG] Emaill passwd and username recovery

David Fleck dcf at aracnet.com
Sat Mar 8 10:36:02 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-03-07 at 01:01, Carla Schroder wrote:
> [...] No Post-its, no dictionary words, birthdays, or pet names;
> periodic password changes, no recycling the same three passwords, the
> usual basics.

In the (very large) company I work for, I have separate passwords for:
UNIX network systems (several different usernames)
UNIX root (several individual machines)
Windows network systems
Corporate intranet
Corporate VPN
SAP systems
Corporate external ftp
External web sites at affiliated companies

Many of these passwords force a change every 3 months, and you can't
repeat the last 5, etc.  Most people I know are forced to write down their
current passwords because they can't remember them all.  It's that or call
systems for a new password every three weeks.

--
David Fleck
dcf at aracnet.com