[PLUG] HTTP protocol Question

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Sat Mar 8 14:16:01 UTC 2003

>>>>> "Josh" == Josh Orchard <josh at emediatedesigns.com> writes:

Josh> Yes.  What I have found out is that if I put the URL in a browser it works
Josh> fine.  I have also found out that that Host: header that Apache writes
Josh> does not include the Port number with the first request.

Uh, Apache isn't supposed to be writing a host header.  The result
from Apache should simply be a "Location: http://some.host:1234/url/path".

Then the browser fetches it by initiating a new HTTP request to the
new server.