[PLUG] IMAP for home use?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Mar 9 21:20:02 UTC 2003

On Sun, 9 Mar 2003, Kyle Accardi wrote:

> I'm currently the only user receiving mail on my home lan and I'd like to be
> able send/receive (and access central addressbook) from two client machines
> while maintaining one mailbox directory.

Kyle,

  I guess that I don't understand. Here, we have /home and /var/spool/mail
exported from the server and nfs mounted on the other workstation (or the
portables when desired). Regardless of which machine is in front of us, we
log in to our one /home directory and mail is there in the same place. I
wasn't aware this was a mail problem. It worked this way for several years
before we dropped dial up for ADSL. Ran fetchmail as a daemon (checking for
mail every 2 minutes via pop3) for almost two years until I set up postfix
here and had the primary MX point here.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)