[PLUG] natural join on text files

Colin Kuskie ckuskie at dalsemi.com
Mon Mar 10 09:11:11 UTC 2003

On Sun, Mar 09, 2003 at 11:32:50PM -0800, Russell Senior wrote:

> Another 12 hours or so, and I am going to have to conclude that there
> _is_ no "easier" Perl solution. ;-)

Russell,

This is my work email address, and I don't have easy access (nor the
desire to have access to work-type stuff) over the weekend or outside
of business hours.  So you may conclude the following:

I wasn't here to read your email or write a Perl solution

There may not be an easier Perl solution, I'm guessing that the code
would be longer than a 1-liner due to dealing with 2 files, but that
particular problem (file1 has patterns to match on file2) is a classic
perl one, I believe it's in the FAQ and in the Perl Cookbook, as well
as other places.

Colin