[PLUG] Some Slackware qustions

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Mar 10 16:57:02 UTC 2003

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003, Colin Kuskie wrote:

> Have you tried the adduser manpage?  I'm willing to bet if that's how
> you add users, that if you populate /etc/skel/ (or the Slackware
> equivalent) with the proper files that it will install them for you.

Colin,

  Yup, there's a /etc/skel/ but it's pretty much empty. Only a .screenrc and
I'm not really sure just what that does right now. I also didn't use the -m
and -k switches. Still wouldn't have had the .bash_profile and .bashrc
there. Guess I need to get them on there when I get networking going.

Thanks again,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)