[PLUG] delayed delivery of emails

dont know sag1968 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 11 09:53:02 UTC 2003

Greetings,

     I am using sendmail 8.12.5 on my redhat 8.0. when I send emails from
that machine,  I see a huge delay in delivering emails addressed to external
email ids. Internal emails within our LAN are delivered instantaneously.  I
am observing atleast 5 to 6 hrs of delay in delivering emails addressed to
any of the external addresses. Could anyone please throw some light on this
about what is happening and what should I do as a remedy for this. Do you
think updating the sendmail would work?

Thanks in Advance,
sag.