[PLUG] stupid shell question

Sean Dixon seanpdixon at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 11 18:06:02 UTC 2003

This is going to be a stupid question I am sure, but I can't find it in
any of the books I reference.

I am finding that when I use basic commands that appear in my UNIX/Linux
books, I am returned with 'command not found' - commands like PS1=,
aliases, tree, ed

My first thought was that it had something to do with the shell I was
using.  I admit I do not have a strong grasp on the difference in
shells, so a lot of it is guessing.

When I switch to tcsh, I get the same error.

I thought maybe I needed to add something to my PATH, but can't figure
out what that would be

Sean Dixon
503-708-3483
seanpdixon at yahoo.com