[PLUG] Looking for uninstall solution

Stephen Liu satimis at icare.com.hk
Wed Mar 12 06:38:01 UTC 2003

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your advice.

Mark Martin wrote:

> - snip -
> There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question.  Often, you must remove
> all of the installed files manually.

I have following points expected to be clarified.

1) Which command shall be more appropriate to find out the newly
installed files

'whereis' or 'type' or 'find' or others?

2) How to confirm which are the recent installed files and which have
been already existing before installation.

3) If remove the installed files manually how to avoid removing other
files having a link to the installed file

Thanks in advance.

Stephen