[PLUG] recommendation for accountant?

Derek Loree drl at drloree.com
Wed Mar 12 13:25:02 UTC 2003

Hi All,

I hope this isn't to far OT, but I'm not sure where else to ask.

I have had the good (?) fortune of being placed in the unemployed SIG,
though not completely.  My former employer is now paying me a small fee
to keep an eye on the servers, but I'm no longer active in development
and testing.

This has placed me in the situation of having to become an independant
consultant.  So far so good, I've even found an open source accounting
package called Nola (by Noguska), that runs quite well in user-mode
linux (I did it this way because Nola seems to depend on specific
versions apache and php).  I've got it generating invoices, keeping
track of inventory, and spitting out summaries of all kinds of stuff.
The problem is that it is "real" accounting software and I need help
figuring out how to set it up the general ledger part and then what to
do with it once it is set up.

Do any of you know of an open minded about open source accountant?

TIA

Derek Loree