[PLUG] Looking for uninstall solution

Stephen Liu satimis at icare.com.hk
Wed Mar 12 20:01:02 UTC 2003

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your advice.

I made following test

cd to the directory containing the untar files

# make -n install > installation.log
make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.

ALSO tried without space between '>'
# make -n install>installation.log
make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop

CHANGED to the directory (dist) from where starting installation (such
as ./configuration, make, etc.)

# make -n install > installation.log
No response.

Whether I have to issue this command immediate after installation.
Because it is alreay 3 days passed.

If I removed all source files from the directory would it be sufficient
removing the application.  OR I have to use 'locate' command to find all
directory and sub-directories and remove all files there.  How to check
before start whether such a erasion would not infect the OS and other
applications

Thanks in advance.

B.Regards
Stephen