[PLUG] Problem in building RPM package

Russell Evans russell-evans at uswest.net
Wed Mar 12 22:17:01 UTC 2003

I'm not following your question, so if I'm not answering what you asked, I
apologize.

This is what I usually do.
1. untar the tarball
2. run ./configure --help
3. If there isn't anything you need to specify or options you need to change,
run ./configure
4. do a make
5 run checkinstall

This will make a rpm out of the "make install" process and then install the
rpm. This means you can uninstall the rpm and all the files will be removed.

Thank you
Russell