[PLUG] ISP shell access still in demand?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Mar 13 06:14:02 UTC 2003

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003, Eric Brockman wrote:

> ... my question is, is there really a desire for it anymore or
> am I just such a geek with the command line that I'm out of touch? :)

  I need a shell account when I'm traveling. That way I can dial into it
then ssh into my office network for mail, data or other information. Without
a dial-up shell account I don't think that I could access anything.

  My mail is delivered to my network so I need to log in remotely. Sometimes
I need to get files for a project from a remote location. If there's a way
of doing this without a shell account I'd sure like to learn how so I could
save the money I pay each month only to keep that access available.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com