[PLUG] PDXLUG

AthlonRob athlonrob at axpr.net
Thu Mar 13 11:11:02 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-03-13 at 11:03, Ed Sawicki wrote:

> I guess I haven't been paying attention. There are TWO Linux
> user groups in Portland with nearly identical names?

Portland Linux/Unix Group and the more traditional Portland Linux Users
Group.  It's easy enough for me to tell them apart, especially their
short names - pdxlug and plug.

> And meetings are on the same night?

It was this month, but I think they're planning on switching it in the
future.  There was/is a poll up on the pdxlug website trying to find out
when an ideal time would be.

> Was this confusion and contention deliberate or was someone not
> thinking?

There doesn't seem to be as much an overlap in members as one might
think between the two LUGs.  When the date was first set, I think I was
one of two who mentioned it was on the same night as the PLUG meeting.

The date was decided on the IRC channel, where apparently everybody is
in PDXLUG but not PLUG.

--
Rob

If not safe, one can never be free.