[PLUG] Port forwarding mail port, raises question.

Michael Robinson michael at ns1.robinson-west.com
Thu Mar 13 12:10:02 UTC 2003

The gateway I have set up can generate mail for system errors and the like.
It's not my hub so ordinarily I'd set it up as a null client.
But because I'm using ipmasqadm to expose my mailhub I don't know how
to set up an MTA on this machine.

At first I thought I'd set up postfix as a relay and a null client if that's
possible.  Essentially this relay would recieve mail from the hub on it's
way out and would be responsible for sending it on.  As a null client,
the locally generated email would go to the hub as it should.

I guess I could just check gateway mail on the gateway and not worry
about setting up an MTA there.  Maybe fetchmail is my friend here.
Or I could try samba exporting the gateway's mailboxes.  Don't want
to add NFS as it is bad enough that I'm using wuftpd.

     --  Michael C. Robinson