[PLUG] ISP shell access still in demand?

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Thu Mar 13 18:02:02 UTC 2003

>>>>> "Stafford" == Stafford A Rau <srau at rauhaus.org> writes:

Stafford> Well, you could...back in the old days using something called "term" and
Stafford> with applications that had term support. Anyone remember that?

Oh yeah.  I've got email in my archive somewhere of a conversation I
had with Deibele at Teleport about using it in September 1993.  This
was an era where PPP was not yet available on Linux, though SLIP was.
He was rather surprised and annoyed because it eroded his business
model of that moment.

--
Russell Senior         ``I've seen every kind of critter God ever made,
seniorr at aracnet.com      and I ain't never seen a meaner, lower, more