[PLUG] NFS exported home & mozilla/X

Kyle Accardi sandbox at pacifier.com
Fri Mar 14 12:54:01 UTC 2003

Derek Loree wrote:

> You have to realize by now, that it is impossible for two different
> users to use the _same_ X desktop independant of each other, that is a
> contridiction in terms.  This would be almost like two operating systems
> trying to share the same swap space.

I don't want two different users.  It would be one user logged into two
machines simutaneously.

> The only way two people can access the same locked files at the same
> time is to "share" the X desktop.  The Linux Journal had an article
> about this very topic, "Sometimes, You Have to Do It Yourself".  The KDE
> Desktop Sharing package is supposed to be in KDE 3.1, or if you are
> running KDE 3.0 go to http://www.tjansen.de/krfb  The only tricky part
> looks like the path to KDE is not the same for each distribution,
> configure with the --prefix=<path to KDE> before doing the make.

Linux Magazine also had an article last month about using xdmcp & vnc
together.  It does seem like what I want requires the implicit approval of
X, whether mozilla can deal with this setup remains to be seen.

Cheers,
Kyle Accardi