[PLUG] Add a hard drive without rebooting?

Sandy Herring sandy at herring.org
Fri Mar 14 19:01:01 UTC 2003

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, mikeraz at patch.com wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 06:04:52PM -0800, Sandy Herring typed:
> >
> > Okay, I admit it, I'm uptime obsessed too... to a point.
>
> You can't be too obsessed. That email's X-uptime showed 21 days. :)

Yah, I know. Security patch to kernel :-(  Other than that, only power
fails that overtax my UPS take me down. For a period of two months, that was
an all too common occurence since PGE was "upgrading" capacity to accomodate
new housing in my area *sigh*.

At least, that's the case with my trusty P-Pro SMP web server. My other box
is dual-boot, so I don't even think about uptime. But I will post a question
about mkbootdisk & 2.4.18-24.8.0 not fitting on a floppy -and- trying to get
Win2k and RH8.0 to dual boot without a floppy (HOWTO didn't work for me)
this weekend, when I have more detail at hand.
Must-go-home-to-wife-and-kid...

Sandy
--
Sandy Herring, RHCE                        o              sandy at herring.org