[PLUG] IDE question

Richard Steffens rsteff at attbi.com
Sun Mar 16 18:46:02 UTC 2003

"Marvin J. Kosmal" wrote:

> What happens when you make the CD-RW a slave
> on the primary channel????

Haven't tried, and I'm hesitant to mess around with it, since it's this
machine and if I've done something to fouled it up, I don't want to make
it worse. The CD-ROM used to work on the secondary IDE channel, but
won't now. Could I have fried the secondary IDE controller?

Mike De La Mater wrote:

> You might double chec the polarity on the IDE cable, some
> controllers refust to boot if it's wrong.
>
> I'm sure you checked it, but I do it sometimes, too

It looks like I did it right, but I'll try switching it to see.

Thanks to both of you for your ideas.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens