[PLUG] Disk management

Marvin J. Kosmal lamsokvr at xprt.net
Sun Mar 16 21:04:01 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2003-03-16 at 20:44, Robert Kopp wrote:
> Perhaps this is of general interest. Once I know the
> reason why the request was made, I shall know.

I was wanting to know hard drive usage..

For example

On my system the directory
with large usage is

/usr

root at libranet:/# du --max-depth=1 -h
512     ./.qt
3.3M    ./bin
133k    ./dev
14M     ./etc
20M     ./lib
512     ./mnt
512     ./opt
43k     ./tmp
648M    ./var
2.0G    ./usr
1.6M    ./boot
46M     ./home
du: `./proc/1303/fd/4': No such file or directory
19k     ./proc
3.7M    ./sbin
170k    ./root
512     ./cdrom
512     ./.mozilla
512     ./cdrom1
512     ./floppy
512     ./initrd
2.7G    .

I think you didn't do your

du --max-depth=1 -h from the ROOT /  directory
but, your home  directory

Can you do it again??

This make any sense to you???

HTH