[PLUG] stopping outgoing virus mail

Carla Schroder pluglist at bratgrrl.com
Mon Mar 17 12:12:02 UTC 2003

I'm trying to figure out a way to block outgoing email generated by a virus.
The idea is to stop it before it gets out into the world, and log the
activity for when the admin arrives to work refreshed and alert after an
unbroken night's sleep.

I don't even know if it's possible, anyone have any brilliant ideas? The usual
virus-scanners check both incoming and outgoing mail, I'm looking for a way
to do it with iptables rules or procmail something similar. Don't even let it
past the firewall. Seems like there ought to be something to base a generic
ruleset on.

--
Carla Schroder