[PLUG] SCSI Scanner question

Richard Seymour richard at freegeek.org
Mon Mar 17 15:33:02 UTC 2003

If I power on my SCSI scanner before I power on the computer, when linux
comes up, the scanner is detected. If I leave the scanner off until
after the SCSI card is detected, then the scanner isn't detected and not
available later on.

I'm wondering if there's a way to disconnect one scanner, connect a
different one, and have the second scanner get detected, without
powering down the system? Or at least to detect the scanner without
power cycling?

I'm running debian woody, kernel 2.4.something (in case it matters).

--
Oil can what?