[PLUG] stopping outgoing virus mail

Russell Evans russell-evans at uswest.net
Mon Mar 17 16:08:02 UTC 2003

Why not block all host machines from using any destination port 25 except the
configured SMTP host for the network? Logging the denied connection and having
a log analyzer pick up the alert could easily fit your alarm requirement. I
think this might be a better solution than port forwarding and relying on the
SMTP server to identify an infected host. I would think that host / IP
information of the infected box could be lost in forwarding.

Thank you
Russell