[PLUG] Populated Motherboard Search

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Mon Mar 17 16:20:02 UTC 2003

At 04:03 PM 3/17/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>Intel Celeron 1700 Box w/Fan
>INTEL CELERON 1.7GHZ 128K CACHE PGA478 400MHZ FSB PROCESSOR

Ah, so they are faster, and still have most of their cache removed, making
them slow again. :/

I knew there was a reason I used Athlons with big fans. :)

For reference, I have four computers in my computer den. An 2000+ Athlon XP
with the stock fan, a 1ghz Athlon with a Thermaltake 6 fan, a PII with the
stock fan, and a Pentium 200 with some generic heatsink/fan on it. The PII
is by far the loudest, but it's not because of the processor fan. The power
supply and the front fan(s), being on the outside walls of the case,
determine much more as to how loud a particular configuration is.

Russ Johnson
Dimension 7/Stargate Online
http://www.dimstar.net

Top post? http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html