[PLUG] Webmin problem

Josh Orchard josh at emediatedesigns.com
Tue Mar 18 21:05:02 UTC 2003

> Anyone who have an idea on how to reset the Webmin password..
>
> TY.
>
> Billy

If you have a password for webmin that is different then your unix
password you can go to the conf directory.  On my system it is /etc/webmin

open up the webmin.users file and remove the second entry between the :
for that user and replace it with an 'x'.  This will make it use Unix
authenication.  If you do this for the root user you could then log in
with the root user then change the password schema back to anything you
like.

I just tried it and it worked for me.

You may need to restart your webmin server but that is also in the
/etc/webmin directory also.  Or it is for me.

Josh