[PLUG] Should XFree86 work with Radeon 7500?

Elliott Mitchell ehem at m5p.com
Tue Mar 18 23:29:01 UTC 2003

> From: plug at lists.pdxlinux.org (Russell Evans)
> I've the same symptoms with nvidia card when 3d is enabled. I can use the
> nvidia binary driver with 3d disabled but enabling 3d locks up the box. Linux,
> not FreeBSD.

> On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 21:19:43 -0800 (PST), David Fleck said:
>
> > do).  Server messages begin, then the machine becomes completely
> > unresponsive - can't Ctrl-C, can't switch consoles, can't even ping the
> >  bloody thing.  Can't Ctrl-Alt-Delete -- have to push the start button to

Which AGP are you using? There is the kernel AGP, and the nVidia driver's
NvAGP. The nVidia driver does not like the kernel AGP, if you've built
your own kernel disable AGP support (this will only effect the kernel's
implementation, not the nVidia one), if you're using a prebuilt kernel
either remove the AGP module or tell the nVidia driver to disable AGP
altogether.