[PLUG] Slackware cron

AthlonRob athlonrob at axpr.net
Wed Mar 19 11:48:01 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-03-19 at 11:39, Ed Sawicki wrote:

> > And cron checks the crontabs at the top of each minute for changes....
>
> That's what I thought but no joy.

Hmmm... can you show me what your crontabs look like?  For instance:

# cat /var/spool/cron/crontabs/rob
59 19 * * tue /home/rob/shows/tue
59 19 * * wed /home/rob/shows/wed
59 19 * * sun /home/rob/shows/sun

(yes, I realize I could turn that in to a single cron job)

> > Are you sure you have crond running?  I'd do a ps -aux | grep cron to be
> > sure it is there.
>
> I already tried that many times. It's running.

Maybe you should crank up debugging, logging, and have it run in the
forground ... hmmm... a typo.. crond --help calls it the fordeground.

See if it is erroring out with anything.

Rob