[PLUG] DNS problem

Eric Brockman ebrock-ml at wa-net.com
Thu Mar 20 13:30:02 UTC 2003

Derek,

Seems to be working....

Server:  ns1.worldaccessnet.com
Address:  207.14.97.5

Name:    www.infotects.com
Address:  216.99.209.186

Thank you,

Eric Brockman
ebrock at wa-net.com
World Access Network, Inc.
Network Administrator
http://www.wa-net.com
(800) 607-2502
(360) 574-4448

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin at lists.pdxlinux.org
[mailto:plug-admin at lists.pdxlinux.org] On Behalf Of Derek Loree
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2003 12:39 PM
To: plug at lists.pdxlinux.org
Subject: [PLUG] DNS problem

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with some people not being able to resolve a server
name in a zone that is being hosted by my DNS server.

I'm having a hard time understanding this, and would like the fine
members on this list to try something for me.  What it boils down to, is
that these same people that can't resolve www.infotects.com can resolve
mail.infotects.com.  These two server names are defined in the same zone
file, and both DNS servers have the same information in that zones.

Please try to go to www.infotects.com, if you can make, please let me
know, and the ISP you are using.  If you don't resolve it, will you do
me a HUGE favor and run dig on that name?  Then send the information and
the ISP you are using to me.  This information will be kept
confidential.

TIA,

Derek Loree