[PLUG] Re: Spam [#926435] (fwd)

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Mar 21 12:26:02 UTC 2003

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, Sean Whitney wrote:

> I have argued that with our security people.  I told them that a web form
> wasn't the way to go.  Unfortunately the rise in spam and RIAA/MPAA abuse
> complaints (all automated) and must be investigated manually is overwhelming
> our company's ability to keep up.

Sean,

  I don't think the folks who make those decisions have any idea the bother
it is -- and the time it takes -- to cut and paste from a text editor into
their little boxes on a Web page. It's only a minute to identify the sending
ISP and forward the message with my canned statement.

  Unfortunately, "customer service" has once again retreated to a phrase in
advertising and not a reality of doing business.

> Rich send me the email.  If it originated within our network in the NW I will
> make sure it's addressed.

  Thanks, I will.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President