[PLUG] long-term data storage

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Sun Mar 23 11:10:02 UTC 2003

>>>>> "Rich" == Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> writes:

Russell> Anyway, my main point was just to note how well the 5-1/4"
Russell> media was holding up, which was something of a surprise.

Rich>   Just out of curiosity, have you tried the data integrity of
Rich> the older, 8" floppy disks?

I've never had an 8-inch drive, though I was in possession of some
8-inch media for a short period in the mid-1980's before I passed it
along to a geeky hacker-type at OSU, who exhibited an excessive
interest in them reminiscent of own more recent interest.  I seem to
recall that despite being physically larger, they had a capacity of
only 180K (or something similar).

--
Russell Senior         ``I've seen every kind of critter God ever made,
seniorr at aracnet.com      and I ain't never seen a meaner, lower, more