[PLUG] Red Hat Network

Steven Raymond stever at woo-hoo.com
Mon Mar 24 13:59:02 UTC 2003

Paul said:
> Anyone here a member of RHN? It looks like Debian's answer to apt-get -u
> upgrade. I'm curious what value people think the system has.

I paid the $60 for RHN almost a year ago, and am quite pleased.  I
automatically get priority access ahead of all the deadbeats ;) that
aren't paying RHN members.

Supposedly you get faster access to the ISOs as well (and clearly earlier
access per today's post).  But despite that I still download ISOs from ftp
via limestone.uoregon.edu which is really fast.

I was in an email conversation with someone from Redhat and he said that
if you want to support RH is better economically to buy RHN subscriptions
rather than a retail copy of RH (the retailers get most of the buck for
off-the-shelf copies).

Am planning to renew my subscription when it expires.