[PLUG] what's your favorite mp3 player?

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Mon Mar 24 20:54:02 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-03-24 at 20:38, Mike De La Mater wrote:
> I'm having trouble with the default mp3 playrer in RH8, so I figured I'd look for
> other alternatives. Any suggestions? It doesn't have to be GUI, even.
>
> (for those of you that can't help but try to fix it, nothing I can do keeps xmms
> from opening a playlist when I press play. I select mp3s, click add, then play, it
> then opens the playlist agian)

Red Hat intentionally took MP3 support out of XMMS in 8.0 due to fears
of patent issues.  If you want an XMMS with MP3 support, look at
www.xmms.org.

Wil
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc
* * * * Linux, UNIX, Networking and Security Solutions * * * *
QCSNet                                     http://www.qcsn.com
* * * * T1, Frame Relay, DSL, Dial-up, and Web Hosting * * * *
*   My GPG key recently expired.  It's updated on the key    *
*   servers.  Please update if you're using GPG/PGP.         *