[PLUG] (no subject)

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Mar 24 21:05:03 UTC 2003

  I received an answer to my question about searching and replacing tabs and
newlines from a fellow named Kelvin. The only way to do it is by regex
(which is what I tried). But, ... the regex code in StarOffice is
proprietary and was unbolted and taken out when the OO.o code was gpl'd. The
option is still an active widget in the dialog box but it does nothing when
checked.

  Being the naive user I am, I asked why one of the GNU regex engines (e.g.,
egrep) wasn't dropped in as a replacement. Stay tuned for further
developments at 11:00.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)