[PLUG] Committee Hearing/The Linux Show

Cooper Stevenson cooper at cooper.stevenson.name
Tue Mar 25 13:24:02 UTC 2003

Friends,

HR-2892
-------

We did it! Thanks to those of you who wrote or called your congress
person voicing your support for the "Open Source Consideration Bill," HB
2892! As a result your efforts, we're going to have a committee hearing
before the General Government Committee!!

The meeting will be held at the Capitol building May 3 at 8:30 a.m. in
room HR D. I will send out an announcement a few days before the actual
hearing.

Also, I am organizing a "lobby day" at the State Capitol building in
Salem. I NEED YOUR HELP! It should be just a couple of hours at the
beginning of April. The more of you the better. Don't worry, we have a
crack team that'll get you fired up and ready in no time!

The Linux Show
--------------

I'll be appearing this evening on The Linux Show with the bill's author,
Ken Barber, to discuss the bill; I hope you all can make it.

It's easy to listen in. Just point your browser to
http://www.thelinuxshow.com, click on one of the steaming links (Real
Player, mp3, or ogg-whichever is appropriate), save the file to your
desktop or home directory, and play the "file" with your respective
media player.

Finally, I would like to say a very special "thank you" to those of you
who have stepped forward in support of this bill-your action is very
much appreciated. I can only begin to tell you how incredible our
progress has been so far, and it would not have been possible had it not
been for you.

We still have a long way to go. Fortunately, it's still not too late! If
you'd like to really take an active role in getting this bill to the
floor, drop me an email and let me know!

Very Truly Yours,

Cooper Stevenson
MWVLUG Coordinator
Em:   cooper at cooper.stevenson.name