[PLUG] mrproject on RH 7.3?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Mar 26 16:29:01 UTC 2003

  I have a very old copy of mrproject installed here (0.5.1) and the latest
and greatest is 0.9.x. Because I need to prepare a schedule for a proposal I
thought that I should upgrade. Hah! Fat chance, kiddo.

  mrproject-0.9.1-cf1 requires glib-2.1, gtk+-2.1, gnome-devel-2.x, etc.,
etc. Each of those depends on packages newer than what I have installed
here. Some, such as the pkg-config-0.14 (the minimum version required for
glib-2.1) require glibc-2.3 and I have only glibc-2.2.5 installed here.

  Is this a totally lost cause? If I can do it by building all from source,
how far back do I have to start?

TIA,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President