[PLUG] Help with 'checkinstall'

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Mar 27 09:46:01 UTC 2003

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, Timothy Grant wrote:

> Wow Rich, two dependency problems in just over two hours! Time for you to
> switch to Gentoo!

Tim,

  Actually, I'm slowly making my way to Slackware. I have 8.1 on my notebook
and I'm awaiting the arrival of my 9.0 disks to put on another portable and
a new workstation I'm building. Soon, when I work up the courage and have
the time, I'll switch the running workstations, too. But, I want to learn
the differences between RH and Slack first.

  Regardless of distribution, I need to learn what went wrong with my
attempt to use checkinstall. It works with Red Hat, Slackware and Debian by
making the appropriate packages so it will be useful with any of them.

  The dependency problems are the same, not two different ones.

  So, what's wrong with my invocation of checkinstall?

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com